Saturday, March 08, 2008

Signs, signs, everywhere signs

I talked about managing the things I could control in my life, like looking for a new job, right? I got a phone interview with a potential employer! Yay me, step one accomplished. Now I’m totally nervous because I’m dying for the call-back for a face-to-face interview. Please universe—I want this so bad!

In the meantime, I feel like everywhere I look, I see omens and portents that the job is so nearly mine. First, after seven months of employment, my boss finally got me business cards. That’s surely a sign that he wasted his time, right? Second, I saw a stack of books in my current library that were received via inter-library loan from the library where I phone interviewed. Third, I *just* saw a student here walk into the library wearing a shirt for the football team affiliated with the other library.

Either I’m getting mega thumbs up for all my positive vibes I’m sending out to the other library, or the world is unspeakably cruel. I like to believe in the former, but can I tell you how much I fear the latter? I don’t regularly buy into positive energy field projections and stuff, but I feel like that’s the key to pulling this job to me. Am I going nuts (nuttier)? I don’t think so, actually. It’s felt good to dwell on the positive feelings instead of always dreading the self-doubt that usually comes with these things.

Matthew said, “No matter what, you did the absolute best you could do.” He’s right. I’ve given this my best, now I just have to see how the universe chooses to reward me.

No comments: