Monday, July 21, 2008

I’m sure I owe you some lovin’

I know, I know, it’s been so long. But let me tell you, it’s been a busy time in the world or Christine Wy.

First, I dramatically decided to attend the huge family reunion at the last minute. At the last nanosecond possible of (relatively) affordable airfare, my brain said, “Must. Attend. Reunion.” And that’s cool. My brain was right. I saw gadzooks’a people I’m related to and spent precious time kissing my grandmother and my new baby nephew. Actually, I only kissed the new baby nephew on the top of the head because one time I was holding him and he totally puked all over my arm. My sister said, “Oh no, that was a nice one. At least the milk wasn’t curdled.” That made me feel like I might puke on her arm.

Second, I was dramatically invited to vend at a farmers’ market that I’ve been on the waiting list for a booth. At 5:15 Friday night, I was asked to set up by 8:30 Saturday morning. In the meantime, the banks were closed so I had no change, and all of my hoops were on display at a gallery with by-appointment hours only. I frantically drove to the gallery at 5:20 and caught the owner as she was locking up. In addition, I have since changed my hula hoop color theory so I felt compelled to make new hoops for display. I didn’t sell a single hoop at the market, but I did give out lots of business cards. I’m trying to think of it as a triumph in its own small way.

Third, I dramatically overextended myself on custom hoop orders considering the other things going on in my life. One glitter hoop as a surprise for a friend’s mom. Two for colleagues. Four for donations to scooter rally raffles as promos.

Dramatically, fourth we leave for a Chattanooga scooter rally on Friday, where two of the donated hoops will be raffled off.

Fifth, I must dramatically finish all of these hoops and deliver or mail them before Thursday or else they’ll be late.

Clearly, I am in high drama mode. And none of this accounts for how on earth I’m going to get to the laundromat to wash my favorite socks before Chattanooga.

Oh wait, I dramatically left out the part of the story where I have surgery on my broken leg July 30. Told ya, life's busy.

Would I be having as much fun if life weren’t in high drama mode? I wonder. Nonetheless, it’s definitely interfering with my extensive nap schedule.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say hey to our mutual Chattanooga scooter pals for me.

eeny meeny said...

You are in high gear! If I know you, you're loving it. I hope you're sleeping okay.