Saturday, March 14, 2009

Do you want to save changes to Document 1?

I normally write my posts in Word then copy them to the little Blogger box. It's just easier that way since Word tends to make me look smarter when it prevents me from making grammatical errors. Today, however, I'm freestyling and microblogging the little things on my mind straight into that Blogger box. We'll see what happens next.

I experimented with wearing no panties. My crotch has this amazing ability to sweat like armpits, and I haven't figured out what to do about it. I tried no undies. To summarize results: no underwear good for social occasions involving standing; no underwear very bad at work.

I bet I've blogged this before, this exact issue: Matthew wants a condo; I want a house. Matthew wants to ensure someone else mows the lawn; I want to live in a neighborhood. I hate this fight. We've had it before. I think I'm right, and he thinks he's right. It's too bad he's wrong, but he's the major financial backer. Sorry, Blanche, you probably won't get a real yard to play in.

I am re-reading Pride and Prejudice. I've never said this before, but I'm saying it now: the movie versions are better. I didn't remember it being this way, but the novel is so tediously bent on absolute precision. Movie concoctions distill the emotions from ten pages of internal strife to a couple of minutes of cringing in disbelief. I freakin love Jane Austen, but Pride and Prejudice, better on film. Sorry doll.

I feel like my life is all screwy--big surprise! Things are topsy-turvy: I want this; I have this goal; is it the right goal; is something else better? I am planning to start an associates degree in computer networking this summer. On the one hand, it seems like a good career move. On the other, it seems like I'm awfully over-educated as it is. My best guess is to start the program and see if I hate it or not. I just have to try.

I'm "dieting." I did great for a few weeks, then bad habits unconsciously picked up. I have to be very mindful. I want to starve myself into anorexia, but I know it's stupid and my body will never do it. I've considered that laproscopic band thing, but then you lose weight so fast that you need cosmetic surgery to remove all your flappy skin. No easy choices. I guess that's a pretty concise summary of life though: no easy choices.

I tried to adopt a pitbull today. It's supposed to be a real lover, but Matthew reminded me of my vow. It took my cat four years to get used to our dog. My precious cat probably has about four years left, and I don't want the remainder of his life to be spent cowering in terror of the new family member. Plus the pitbull will probably eat the cat before they can reach any amicable settlement. Our family is fine the way it is. I have to believe in the things in my life that are precious.

1 comment:

eeny meeny said...

I can't believe you're blogging about going commando. But while you're at it, let me add my two cents. I heartily agree with you about work and panty-free: no good. Too much sweat! Panties anywhere else are totally optional.