Monday, July 17, 2006

Dream entry #4

The other night I dreamed I was an undergraduate again at Western
Kentucky University. The Honor's Program was hosting one of their
campus coffee-house open-mic nights in the old faculty lounge log cabin
(note: nothing in that sentence is made up). Johnny Depp stopped by to
hang out while he was on tour promoting "Pirates of the Carribean: Dead
Man's Chest." He was sitting off to the side, drinking free coffee. I
walked up to him and said, "I loved the first 'Pirates of the Carribean.'"

He smiled, looked up at me through his eyelashes, and said "Really?" In
a very shy way.

"Oh yes, I love swashbuckling very much."

He acted awkward and surprised; I would swear this was the first time
anyone had ever told him they liked the movie, and I continued to
compliment him. I carried on explaining to him all the ways I loved "Pirates of the Carribean," and he was very sweet about it, but then he suddenly had to
leave.

Unfortunately, I hadn't gotten to the most important part of my
conversation, the real reason I wanted to speak to him.

"Wait! Will you be my pen pal? You don't have to write back if you
don't want to!"

1 comment:

Christine Wy said...

Interestingly, this is the second blogged dream that involves writing letters to celebrities. See Your Guide to Christine Wy: Dream entry #1>'Dream entry #1'

Oh Freud, where are you when I need you? What does it mean??? WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!!