Monday, April 03, 2006

Dream entry #1

Three nights ago I dreamed I divorced Matthew to marry Peter Gabriel. I romanced Peter Gabriel by writing him an earnest letter of deepest love that cut straight to his core, and we knew we were instantly lovers for eternity. In my dream I woke up from a dream within a dream, and I thought this was a pretty cool idea, even though I felt kind of bad about Matthew. But I mean come on, wooing Peter Gabriel with love letters? That�'s a once in a lifetime chance that you can�'t pass up. Poor Matthew. So the dream within the dream didn�t go exactly as planned. I couldn'�t remember the perfect words I had written to Peter Gabriel to win his heart instantly, so I was doing to best I could, writing on parchment paper and using a fountain pen with India ink. All was not proceeding apace. No one was going to be swooning over my monstrosity to Peter Gabriel, and I was covered on both my hands with blackest India ink that stains deeply.

Peter Gabriel heard of my endeavors and came to meet me as I was writing my parchment love letter. He walked out onto this veranda where I was writing, and the sun made this beautiful warm glow around everything, it was a magical romance movie moment where he reached to take my hands, and I said �"but they�re covered in India ink,"� and he didn'�t care, he took my hands into his own and smiled and told me �I love you� with his eyes.

So then I really woke up from both dreams, thinking �this was pretty darn funny stuff,� right? I laid awake in bed a while before admitting it was time to get up, and I started to compose the letter I would write to Peter Gabriel. A letter that would truly come from my heart:


Dear Mr. Gabriel, I know you best from my dentist�s office. Dr. S. is a big fan of your work, and he has signed limited edition prints and albums from you hanging in his office. He also has a lot of rock memorabilia, and I think there may be part of a keyboard you once played in his office.

I am a fan of your music, but most often I hear your big hits, even though I�'m sure your catalog is very different from the few songs I know. �"Big Time"� has been in constant repeating mode in my head since there'�s a new commercial out that uses it as their theme song.

I�'m writing because last night I had a dream that I wrote a love letter so profound that I divorced my husband in order that we could marry. I don�'t remember what that amazing letter was though, so this is what you get.

By the way, if you ever play House of Blues, if you can get me two tickets that would be cool. I promise I'�ll learn the lyrics to your other songs too.

Your Fan Sincerely,
Christine Wy

No comments: