Thursday, November 29, 2007

About feet again

Remember this, "Induction ceremony"?

I was just told I had huge feet. I am still reticent to admit that my feet have spread and grown a little since my lithe sixteen-year-old 7 narrow days, but I'm still only a 7 1/2.

Peculiar woman: "Christine, you look like you have small feet. What size shoe do you wear?"

Me: "7 1/2."

Peculiar woman, laughing hilariously while slapping knee: "That's HUGE! Oh my god you have such big feet!"

Me: "No, I don't."

Peculiar woman: "Yes you do!" still laughing.

Me: "I believe 7 is average."

Peculiar woman: "I wear a 4 1/2," she said with pride.

Well, I got midget feet beat. They don't make many 4 1/2 women's shoes, but there sure are a lot of 7 1/2's! Joke's on you, peculiar woman.

4 comments:

eeny meeny said...

7 1/2 is HUGE? WTF? Has this woman been living in the land of the Lilliputians?

I suppose that my 9 1/2 would make me something like Shaq-size?

See Why Not said...

Hah! Shaq attack on midget toes!

Anonymous said...

your 7 1/2 is small, my size 9s must be giant amazon feet. Cheer up, they work don't they.

hope delaney said...

"Peculiar" was a good name for that woman. That is just plain strange!