Saturday, April 19, 2008

And gosh darn it, people like me

After going through a bananas time in my life right now with the "change the destiny you can control" stuff, I am posting here to give myself some fortune cookie advice:

"People love you and want you to succeed."

I want that to be the little nugget that sustains me through the grueling job interviews and the rejection letters and the jobs that I nearly got but the organization decided not to fill because of budget cuts.

I just went through a week of job search high drama. The internets doesn't need the details (really I'm too tired to recount the tale), but I gave a phone interview Tuesday and was expected to give a face-to-face Friday. I may not want it, but I still have a regular job, so it took a lot of juggling and extra-curricular homework to prepare for the sudden interview.

I'm tired. I'm mentally and physically sapped for this week, but, like I said, regular job goes on. Microfilm needs to be inventoried, name authority records need to be created, and lousy campus lunches need to be eaten.

But, please fortune cookie, remind me that my journey of a thousand steps is not alone. Remind me of all the people who are there for the venting, the crying, and even sometimes the excitement. I think I say it enough, but I love you friends and family. This is just a diary entry to remind me of all the prayers and good thoughts and fingers crossed I am receiving. I don't take the encouragement for granted, but sometimes I feel alone because I forget the army of loved ones who are propelling me forward.

"People love you and want you to succeed." I will make that enough to sustain me right now.

2 comments:

a said...

I love you and want you to succeed. :)

Amanda M.

Anonymous said...

I love you and want you to succeed, too. :) hope