Wednesday, March 07, 2007

It's cookie time

I just bought a box of Darjeeling black tea that happened to come in a purple box. That purple box is the exact shade of a box of Girl Scout Cookie Samoas. Every time I catch a glimpse of Darjeeling out of my right eye's peripheral vision, I get hungry for a Samoa. Fortunately, I have no Samoas, or else they would be gone by now, considering how many times I've looked at the Darjeeling box.

Part of me is sad and part of me is glad that the Darjeeling box hasn't morphed into the Samoa box. I think I'll put it away now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that in eastern Kentucky Samoas aren't called Samoas?! They're called "Coconut Delights" or something lame like that. Blasphemy. They're still the tastiest Girl Scout Cookies out there, but it takes the joy out of saying, "Gimme Samoa those!"

Christine Wy said...

You're right aren't you? I dustily remember that a group of Samoan Girl Scouts protested the name. Good for them. I know that when I was younger I got Samoa, Samoas, and Samoan all mixed up in my head. But I was little, and it all meant cookie to me.

If I surrendered to the lure of the Girl Scout cookies, I'd still call them Samoas by habit. I don't buy them because I have a habit of WAY overeating them. And then I can't poop for days.