Monday, April 23, 2007

Sinister

I don't usually get the "Mondays." My work week starts on Sunday, and it always feels crappy to work Sundays, so I get "Sundays." The lord's day of rest is my day of feverish Sunday archiving. Not really fun.

But today somehow I have the "Mondays." You know what I mean, right? That weekend funover that blahs out into Monday's return to drudgery? Right? I feel that today, because it feels like I'm stuck in a trend of things going wrong.

I felt groggy and confused when I woke up this morning. I would have fallen over when I got out of bed if my dresser that is piled with clothes on top of it hadn't caught me in a soft, vertical landing. Thank goodness I'm a total slob. Then my leak proof coffee mug leaked all over me. And following that the only hard boiled egg left in the cafeteria was cracked to smithereens and soaking in standing water. OK, I'm betting the rest of my coffee and some bacon will set me to rights.

I sit down at my desk. Sinistrodextral is the way English writing moves from left to right. Somehow, my brain is dextrosinistral today, moving from right to left. I tried to type "red," and it took so much concentration to write "r-e-d" and not "d-e-r" that I wonder if my case of the Mondays isn't making me stupid. More stupid. Stupider. Dumber than usual. Mildly learning disabled. Something bad related to dextrosinistral.

This exercise in blogging (and the caffeine kicking in) is turning my brain left side to right. I think I'm recovered enough to work normally now.* Thank god my workload on Monday is always light. I can't start at the back of the papers to be archived and work my way to the front. It would be sinisterly dextrosinistral.

*I proofread this twice before I ended up with the final draft. It contained crazy mistakes, so obviously I'm still not sinistrodextral enough to be equalized yet.

No comments: