Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hold my bones

I’m bone weary today, though I can’t put my finger on why. Emotionally ragged? Sleeplessness catching up with me?

I’m starting to climb out of my sadness fog. That little gray raincloud over my head is lightening up, but today I need snuggles. I need to cozy up with someone and talk about nothing. Things we saw on the internet, movie phrases we like, Simpsons quotes.

Instead, I’m at work, cloistered and alone behind a desk, working on the world’s most tedious microfilm project. I’m trying, I’m really trying, but the project is like… it’s like… a noxious odor that you know you have to scrub away before you can be clean again.

I miss you, all of you, just guess who you are. I wish I could snuggle you right now and we could tell each other it’s going to be alright.

1 comment:

eeny meeny said...

I could use some snuggles, too...