Monday, October 06, 2008

Blind justice

My rear neighbors burn their yard waste all the time, and it drives me batty. Today, I called the non-emergency fire on them and asked if it were legal to burn yard waste. They said no and promptly dispatched a fire truck to deal with it. I wasn't here to see the confrontation, but I saw the fire truck leave, and I smell victory. Their revenge? They're weed-eating something so dense it's whining like a dentist's drill and making my teeth hurt. One battle won, same battle lost.

1 comment:

Christine Wy said...

Someone asked me why I reported this. 1: The smoke gives me terrible allergies and fills my ancient air-holed house with sneezy smoke odor. 2: It's revenge for the broken leg. I slept in the rear bedroom during the broken leg, which overlooks their yard and balcony. They had loud beer parties with tacky Christmas lights way too often. It wasn't conducive to trying to zen out on my leg.