Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Look at me I'm self-absorbed, I love to work at myself all day (sung to TCOB)

So, um, how do you focus on not being self-absorbed without being absorbed in yourself? If you're obssessing over yourself, aren't you self-absorbed?

I feel kinda stuck on this one. All I can do is look back on the conversations when I talked too much, and then try to rationalize with the conversations when I listened.

This must be like "Clementia," and it is a challenge I need to work on within myself to show it to the outside world.

2 comments:

meinemo said...

Someone told me once to volunteer, to get the focus off myself. That idea was quickly dispatched, since I've done enough volunteering for one lifetime...and maybe more than one lifetime.

TonyN said...

Oh, I can totally relate to these last couple. I can say with complete certainty that I am self-absorbed. I'm not proud of that, mind you, just being honest.

In my case I'm sure it's a sign of lacking maturity. (I'm not passing judgment; I'm just talking about my case here.) I keep thinking I should be growing out of it, but I think it's getting worse! Yikes!