Tuesday, March 28, 2006

BFF

I found my blogoshpere soul mate. His name is Piggles and he’s a guinea pig. In our complete profiles, we list that our hobby in common is “making messes.” Awh! It’s so cute to have another soul I can relate to! I also identify with some of Piggles’ other hobbies. (If you read his profile on Blogger http://pigglepooh.blogspot.com/, see if you can guess which of his activities I like too.)

Piggles and I probably also keep house in a similar manner: spread the things we like all over the room so we can see everything at once. Unless Piggles is neater than me. Which is possible. I am known for being a piler. It starts out that I place something I want to come back to later on a flat surface. Later something else ends up on top of that item. This multiplies until the flat surface—say, a coffee table—collapses under the weight of the pile, at which point I continue to add more things to the pile, and it eventually becomes a pile of piles. I straighten approximately as often as Victoria’s Secret has their semi-annual sale.

My sister, my mom, and my husband all say in relation to me: “She covers every flat surface.” Those exact words, no matter the situation. I find it amazing that they universally refer to my ability to cover “flat surfaces.” “Why those particular words,” I asked my husband. “Because that’s what you do. You cover flat surfaces.”

When we were little and we still shared a room, my sister got very upset with me once and pushed all of my things over onto my side of the room, of the desk, and of the dresser. Like a bulldozer rolling back the earth. She then took masking tape and ran it in a straight line down the center of everything. One side said “C” for me, and the other side said “S” for her. I later learned there’s an “I Love Lucy” story just like this, but my fed-up sister created this idea on her own. I still love it when I go to her house and she says, “I’m sorry it’s so messy.” If anyone should know by what standard I’m gauging her messiness, it’s her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your link to Piggles isn't working.

And to clarify, she covers every flat surface. Including the floor.

Christine Wy said...

OK, try this URL: http://pigglepooh.blogspot.com/

I must have copied and pasted that wrong or something.