Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Cat poop, eternal doggie delight

My nasty dog. She *tries* to gross me out, I swear.

Because of my broken leg, we've had the cat's bedroom necessities set up pretty oddly. Instead of the baby gate blocking total canine entrance into Loki's room, we moved the litter box and food bowls into the closet and sort of wedged the baby gate across it.

Yesterday, the dog breached security.

I feared that this moment would come, that the dog would realize she's much stronger than the temporary closet situation we had erected, but for the past three months she was oblivious to this. Until yesterday.

I heard the dog snuffling around in Loki's bedroom, and I knew with certainty that something bad was about to happen. (I think I'm going to vomit just writing about this.) I had to go to the bathroom though, so I left the vortex of doggie mischief unattended. Fromt he bathroom I heard the unmistakable sounds of the dog chewing. She broke down the baby gate and munched away on cat litter.

(Yep, I'm probably going to vomit now.)

As soon as I could, I jumped up screaming at the dog. She knows it's wrong to eat cat poop, so she was out of there like a flash, but the damage was done. Her breath reeked of litter box. Shudder.

Unfortunately, Matthew was at home so I couldn't get away with Scoping her mouth and feeding her cough drops to disapate the germs and neutralize her mouth odor. He did suggest using our last charcoal bone (usually reserved for doggie gut cleansing), which wasn't a bad idea, but I couldn't help but hold her at bay for the rest of the night.

Poor babe, she was confused that suddenly mommy didn't want her face licked, but I just couldn't stand it. All I could think of was the amonia smell of her breath after her poop rampage.

I let her get up on the couch next to me instead of on my lap. What did she do? She stretched her neck and let out a great cat butt belch. God she's gross.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel you doggie mom pain. My lovely little man Mr Pink has to lick whatever Miss Bella pees on, then he expects me accept his love and affection. Its a dog thing, we humans will never get it.

Anonymous said...

This post makes me laugh just thinking about it. Is it wrong that to find humor in your disgust?