Sunday, January 06, 2008

Time won't let me

I had no idea I'd been away from the blog for so long. I've had some strife. Nothing earth-movingly dramatic, but little things.

I went back to work full time after all those weeks of bed rest and then part time in-office hours. It was stressful and hard to get the swing of. I really felt kind of wracked by it. It sounds so simple, but going to work was so taxing.

Next I went to Kentucky for a week, which was simultaneously stressful and relaxing. Half of the people were just pleased to get to spend time with me, and the other half just couldn't be pleased by me at all. There were people I ended up craving to be away from, and people I craved to be with to get away from the former. How sad.

Now I'm sick. My first two days back to work after the holiday, and I already used two sick days. Great way to start the semester. It's a sinus infection, and it's not going out quietly. No, it's lingering and kicking up a ruckus, but I'm on antibiotics and improving slowly.

I have things to write, and one on the burner that's been cookin for a while, so I'll get back to the blog. I regret I've been away so much since I broke my leg, but, I know you understand, dearest friends.

Oh, the shining news of the New Year is that my leg is much better and I'm improving all the time. I walk around the house in just regular shoes, and when I go out I wear my walking cast but don't use the crutches. It's a real relief to finally see the light at the end of this painful tunnel. It still hurts and there's lots of ways I can't move my foot, but I'm vastly better over the beginning of the saga. Think back to this:



Now flash forward to a Christine only occasionally whining instead of constant whimpering. Ask Matthew how much better it is.

Much love to you, internets. Thanks for the sympathy and understanding.

Love.

1 comment:

meinemo said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, X-tine! And thanks for the visual of Loki's bedroom. It was hard to imagine what it was like for you during those first few weeks.