Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New traditions

Being my first winter in Florida, I can’t say with authority how things work here, but I have discovered a local custom that I find quite tasty. People with orange trees in their yards share their extra fruit with friends. Delicious, they’re the most delicious oranges I’ve ever eaten. Today a man named Enzo dropped off a bag of grapefruits, oranges and Honeybells at my office neighbor’s desk. The moment I heard him leave, I begged for a Honeybell. I told her she should keep the rest of them for herself because of their utter orangey bliss. I can’t wait to eat my new treasure. And I love this new tradition.

2 comments:

eeny meeny said...

I think this requires a picture of a Honeybell!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.