Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Happy family

We believe in total and absolute equality in our family. If one family member is sick, by golly, the rest of 'em are gonna be sick too!

So my dog upchucked this afternoon for no good reason that I could see. It seemed to be an isolated incident, but it was a little weird considering I can barely keep soft foods down right now.

Later in the evening, my cat was standing on the back of the couch behind me, and he made preliminary pukey noises.

Very few diseases pass between species. Sure it's a funny joke to say we're all going to be sick at once, but it's not really possible. (For the record, diseases that spread between species are called zoonotic. Cool, huh?)

Anyway, back to my fetid fainting couch and my fevered animals. Hope we're all better tomorrow.

No comments: