Thursday, April 06, 2006

My funniest joke ever

So this one time, a bunch of my friends were out to dinner to celebrate someone’s birthday. We were at an Italian restaurant that had amazing spinach gnocchi. Delish. We talked about our plans for the weekend, and one of my pals said, “My communist friend just moved into a new apartment. I’m helping him make curtains tomorrow.” We kind of looked at her blankly for a second, and she said, “really, he’s a communist.” I said, “just help him hang up some aluminum foil so he can have ‘iron curtains.’”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! I love it, Christine. You are an undiscovered gem.

My funniest joke was at my grandmother's funeral luncheon. My boyfriend Gary, was talking about Jehovah's witnesses. He said, "You never see any of those Jehovah witnesses anymore." I said, "Maybe they're in the Jehovah witness protection program."

iron curtains...that's as good as your cat poop entry, without the vomit-inducing factor.

Christine Wy said...

Great joke! I almost borrowed the Jehovah's Witness protection program line today as my mom and I drove past a Jehovah's Witness church, but it wasn't quite relevant. I'll keep trying though. One day it'll make the perfect riposte!