Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Foil and cotton

You know you're a pharmaceutical company's wet dream when the pharmacist quits repackaging your psychiatric meds into those generic orange bottles. Know what I get? The manufacturer's original bottle with the pharmacy's label wrapped around it.

"I'm picking up for 'Wy,' W-Y."

"Verify the address please."

"I'm the one you quit giving orange bottles to."

"Oh! Mrs. Wy! How are you today?"

"I'm good."

"We hadn't seen you in two weeks so we were wondering about you."

"No, it's cool. The blue ones seem to be working."

"That's great. See you for your next [insert major pharmaceutical company name here] refill!"

2 comments:

eeny meeny said...

Are you serious about this? That is a small town for you. Wow.

Christine Wy said...

Nah, just comedic effect re: the pharmacists. Oddly, the pharmacists here don't know me from Job, but my place in Chicago on Michigan Ave., they all knew me by name. They loved me, "Hey Christine! Whatcha need today?" Here, "verify address please. Thank you."