Sunday, June 29, 2008

My second glitter hoop



I'd been told that working with sparkle tape was extremely difficult and awfully expensive. It's true. I confirm it.

I used my sister as my unwitting guinea pig for my first glitter hoop foray, and, sadly for her, it failed. I made a series of mistakes that snowballed into mistake avalanche, so I just set it aside and considered it a learning experience. An expensive learning experience.

But, necessary.

I promised someone two glitter hoops, which is why my sister's hoop was the test-run. I definitely learned what not to do. The pink glitter hoop in the picture is attempt number two, and, trust me, it came off significantly improved. Didn't make it any easier or less expensive though.

Today is promised glitter hoop number three. All of this means my poor sister loses. I can't give her something I feel less than perfect about, and I don't have enough glitter tape left to find out the hard way that, oops, there's not enough for glitter hoop four.

And you know what the saddest part is? I don't even get a glitter hoop. Unless you count the learning experience hoop. Which I don't.

2 comments:

eeny meeny said...

Oh, BOO! I guess it makes the glitter hoops more special if they're harder to make?

Christine Why said...

Glitter hoops are always more special because they're glitter ;)

But yes, they are a bigger gift to hooping in that they create a beautiful challenge.